The 3rd Edition of Cardiovascular Nursing Practice is published in 6 separate books that can be purchased individually or as a complete set.
Introducing Book 1: Cardiac Arrhythmias & 12 Lead Electrocardiography
Cardiac Arrhythmias and 12 Lead Electrocardiography will guide you to mastery in cardiac rhythm and 12 lead ECG interpretation. The 3rd edition contains brand new content including:
- New section on sinus node dysfunction
- New tables summarizing updated guidelines for treatment of atrial, junctional, and ventricular arrhythmias
- Expanded information on differential diagnosis of wide QRS tachycardias
- New section on mechanisms of arrhythmias
- New sections on leadless pacemakers and pacemaker syndrome
- New section on His bundle pacing
- New section on wearable cardioverter defibrillators
This book will allow you to grow from Novice to Expert. If you are a new graduate or a seasoned APRN, this book has what you need to achieve your clinical goals.
You can purchase this new release in a print version or in an electronic version (Kindle or EPub) for use with your favorite E reader.
This book can be purchased with the option of earning 25.0 CE. The CE process is paperless with online access to the post test, evaluation, and CE certificate at the time of purchase.
- Detailed description and example rhythm strips for all basic cardiac arrhythmias: sinus, atrial, supraventricular tachycardias, junctional, ventricular, AV blocks, asystole, and bundle branch blocks.
- Differential diagnosis of wide QRS beats and tachycardias
- Accessory pathways
- Bedside cardiac monitoring
- Mechanisms of arrhythmias
12 Lead Electrocardiography
- Anatomy of a 12 lead ECG, how each lead records electrical activity, and the 12 views of the heart
- Normal and abnormal ECG waveforms and intervals
- Calculating the QRS axis
- Fascicular blocks (hemiblocks)
- Chamber enlargement
- Ischemia, injury and infarction; locating the infarct on the ECG
- Preexcitation syndromes
- Brugada syndrome
- Long QT syndromes
- Drug and electrolyte effects on the ECG
Electrical Management of Arrhythmias
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Single chamber pacemakers
- Dual chamber pacemakers
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators
- Wearable defibrillators
- Electrophysiology studies and ablation for arrhythmias
Linking Knowledge to Practice sections help you apply what you have read to clinical practice. At the end of each chapter, Test Your Knowledge questions, rhythm strips, and ECGs test your understanding of content presented. Answers to all practice strips and test questions are included.
Book 1 Sample
“This is the best nursing reference book! I find this book organized and comprehensive. Most of the other books I have been using to study read like boring textbooks, however this book is outstanding. I highly recommend this book to any nurse who is interested in cardiovascular nursing, whether or not you are working towards a certification.”
“I cannot say enough good about this book! I’ve enjoyed the time reading the material, especially the links to clinical practice. These volumes will serve well into advanced practice nursing.”
‘This is the best cardiac book I've ever used as a reference at work. It is so easy to read – I love the larger font size and the writing style. The information is current and presented in such a way that it actually makes sense. I am studying for my cardiac certification, and the test questions at the end of each chapter are extremely helpful. I highly recommend this book to anyone who works with cardiac patients and anyone studying for cardiac certification.”
“Just what I needed to review my cardiac skills and knowledge. Highly recommended. Organized so you can find what you need quickly and easily.”