Online classes are available for 12 month access.
Presented by: Cynthia Webner
Save money! CNEA offers a 12 month subscription that includes ALL our online CE courses. Access to more than 240 CEs for one price. Click here to learn more.
This one-day cardiac pharmacology course is session 1 of the Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence and is included in the purchase of this 8 session program. It is also offered as a standalone course and may be purchased here.
- CV Pharmacology and Hemodynamics: Medications for Myocardial Performance
- CV Pharmacology and Acute Coronary Syndrome
- CV Pharmacology and Hypertension Management
- CV Pharmacology and Heart Failure Management
- CV Pharmacology and Anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the physiological basis for drugs used to support hemodynamics in the acutely ill cardiac patient.
- Utilize an evidence-based approach to determine the best pharmacologic treatment plan for the most common cardiovascular disorders: acute coronary syndrome and heart failure.
- Identify hypertension treatment strategies based on the most recent evidence-based guidelines.
- Discuss the clinical implications of antiplatelet and anticoagulant medications.
- Evaluate systems and processes aimed at improvement in medication adherence.
7.5 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
This course is no longer available for purchase.