Presented by: Cynthia Webner
Save money! CNEA offers a 12 month subscription that includes ALL our online CE courses. Access to more than 240 CEs for one price. Click here to learn more.
This one-day course is session 3 of the Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence and is included in the purchase of this 8-session program. It is also offered as a standalone course and may be purchased here.
This course provides a comprehensive approach to cardiac diagnostics including physical exam pearls, cardiac auscultation, biomarkers, 12 lead ECG skills, echocardiography, stress testing, cardiac imaging, and hemodynamics. The course is appropriate for advanced practice nurses and point of care nurses who want to expand their current knowledge of cardiac diagnostics in adult patients beyond the basics.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Apply physical assessment skill in the evaluation of cardiac symptoms.
- Utilize cardiac auscultation to identify abnormal cardiac disorders.
- Discuss ECG abnormalities identified to diagnoses cardiovascular disorders.
- Compare diagnostic information obtained from the ECG and the echocardiogram.
- Contrast the criteria for stress testing to the criteria for diagnostic cardiac catheterization and in the patient resenting with chest pain.
- Utilize data from the pulmonary artery catheter to make clinical treatment decisions.
7.5 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.